Training with Bands on the Playground
There is no better location in the world to train with bands than at a playground. Not only is playground training with bands fun and energizing, it offers some unique opportunities that are magnified when flat continuously looped bands are part of the training experience.
Why Playground Training with Bands is YOUR Next Home Gym Location
- All playground equipment is built with 2 or 3 diameter steel pipes which is PERFECT to attach bands onto and you never have to worry about them being damaged.
- With multiple high, low and mid-height attachment sites, the entire library of attached band training is at your disposal.
- Assisted body weight training is super easy to set up because of all the different attachment points.
- Weight-bearing surfaces are always soft which allows for plyometric training without the concern for beating up your joints.
- There are usually running trails that make for a great cardio interval compliment to band strength training.
- Sun brings Vitamin D energy. This increases work output along with increasing calorie expenditure while shedding fat faster.
- Hills, soccer goal posts, tennis courts and picnic tables are usually available and only add to the exercise library with bands.
- Playgrounds will require a short road trip but with band’s light weight portability, transporting is not an issue.
- Playground training with bands requires literally seconds to setup. As a matter of fact, sometimes I hang the bands up and let my clients find their special playground spot to train.
- Heat or weather can be an issue but most parks have a shelter house. Attachment FREE band training fits very well in a small sheltered area, as does partner based band workouts.
Playground Training with Bands on a Sunny Summer Morning is the BEST
Additional Single Band Playground Workout Ideas