Active Aging Chiseled Chest Training
Most active aging 40+ guys would enjoy having a more chiseled chest. They can if they incorporate a few ageless training routines into every chest chiseling workout.
The #1 issue most guys have when it comes to training their chest is they rely on bench pressing variations with barbells or dumbbells to get the job done.
This is NOT a good strategy for several reasons:
- It’s an open chain activity that does not get very good scapular stabilization
- Puts a huge burden on the rotator cuff which happens to be the #1 issue with chest training
- Doesn’t get the abs involved which, in turn, gets shoulder blade stabilization on board
- Needs a lot of heavy bulky equipment to get in a workout
- It’s a pretty technical exercise that few guys really know how to do
A much better chest training option is good old fashion push-ups.
Why Push-Ups for Chest Training
- It’s a closed chain activity so it immediately helps the rotator cuff do its job as a shoulder joint stabilizer
- The abs are involved so the shoulder blade muscle is automatically activated
- They can be done anywhere
- They hit all parts of the chest by positioning your feet at different levels relative to your chest
- You can load up resistance easily with Quantum Bands
- You can use bands to assist the push-up thus making push-ups something anyone can do
- They can be done unilaterally so are much safer than dbs